FirefighterCountry

Firefighters open chat room for serious learning and sharing without fear

Here is one article I came upon that has many opinions about the consequences for poor performance and what the departments should do about it.

ISO RATINGS 

Views: 24

Replies to This Discussion

If your department is having an issue with service to the community then it should not just expect free money for work not done.

It is extremely difficult to adequately serve many rural communities because of lack of manpower, equipment shortage and too large of a coverage area. This is not the fault of the department, they are doing the best they can with what they have. But it is irresponsible to believe there should be no consequences.

So the communities citizens will have to pay higher insurance costs until the Fire Department can cover all of its deficits to improve the response times, reduce loss to property and satisfy the demands of underwriters for the insurance agency. This is very difficult, but is common and the reason why rural America pays more for most community services.

To feel 'entitled' just because we do a dangerous job for free is not acceptable. That is why it is up to the departments to recruit, certify and drill as many members as possible. It is up to us to improve to earn the funds we need. Then chase down grants for more equipment too. Nobody said it would be easy :-)

I believe it is time the townships must take responsibility for some departments must operate with outdated equipment, it is not the job of the department to raise funds for much needed equipment. The answer must be all their energy must go into training and safety, look at the picture above all those men crowded out with nowhere to go in the case of a backdraft, another death or severe injury waiting to happen. I think more fault should be brought on the chief and his officers for allowing this to happen, stopping funding will hurt the fireman, the men in charge should be the ones to lose any monetary gain and must be made to go on courses to be brought up to the ability to command.

All my comments are not meant to belittle anyone, but to bring some concerns that the departments are facing today and maybe bring some better ideas. Thanks

RSS

HIGH RISE FIREFIGHTING

MISSING CHILD ALERT !

Free Search Engine Submission

Badge

Loading…

Your Ad Here

FIREFIGHTER UNIFORMS

GLOBE FIRE SUITES

***CUSTOM HELMETS***

FIREFIGHTER BOOTS

EDUCATION PROGRAM

CLICK ON THE LINK TO HELP PREPARE OUR NEXT GENERATION TO BE TOMORROW'S FIREFIGHTER-EMT's                               N.S.V.F.F.   

© 2017   Created by Lieutenant Frederick Georges.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service